Thank you to living4bliss over at Mental Health Food for nominating me for this award, this touched me deeply. When you are able to inspire someone to stop and think or inspire someone to try something different to improve their life and someone takes notice of your efforts to make a difference in the world…it really is a good feeling. I hope that my journey in life is able to inspire, that makes opening up my personal story on this blog worthwhile. : )
The rules for this award are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you. Done. Please visit her blog and show love.
- Share 7 things about yourself. Always fun to share.
- Pass the award to 7 nominees. My favorite part – coming right up.
7 Things About Me
- I won the Voice of Democracy Speech my speech my senior year of high school. It was a required assignment in Speech class that was put on by the Veterans of Foreign Wars. I had written my speech within 30 minutes the night before it was due and ended up on the radio, in the newspaper and honored in front of the Ladies Auxiliary. : )
- My favorite perfume is Dolce & Gabbana (seriously devastated that they have discontinued the one with the red cap). It was introduced in 1992 and has notes of basil, tangerine, orange flowers, carnation, marigold, vanilla. One site says recommended use: Romantic….I completely agree. I am still finding places that sell it but would like to purchase it in 20 gallon drums. : )
- I love fireflies and used to catch them when I was a child….completely fascinated with their glow.
- My favorite movie is The Notebook.
- I kill plants. I don’t know how this happens because I love them so darn much, but I just seem to be a natural-born killer of houseplants.
- My favorite getaway is Sun Mountain Lodge in Winthrop, WA
- I have a missing adult brother. You can find his story at Let’s Bring Them Home.
And Winners of the Very Inspiring Blogger Award…
(Visit them and show love)
The Possibilitarian’s Light